Friday, October 2, 2009

Roadmapping Continues

There’s not much to report on the roadmap process for this week- I’ve been writing the report mostly, and the main news I have is that it will be pretty long. When my friends ask about the report, I explain to them how it’s like writing a thesis on a subject which I didn’t major in. But, what I am putting into the roadmap is not really my ideas: they are the ideas of those within MIRTHE, complied for the first time in one place. For that reason, I am very confident in the work that I am doing now.

Three major events in the news reminded me of how the work we are doing at MIRTHE is relevant to things beyond the scientific community. First, the Senator John Kerry and Barbara Boxer presented a revised clean energy bill, which would radically shift the United States’ policy towards GHG mitigation. Second, a secret Iranian nuclear facility received national spotlight, as the use of such a facility is a direct violation of international law and is a disturbing violation of international efforts towards nonproliferation. Finally, on the U.S. health insurance front, the public option has been left off the latest form of the bill, meaning insurance reform will be the primary goal of lawmakers and the bill.

GHG Mitigation: QCL based sensors could be the answer to monitoring polluting facilities.

Iranian Nuclear Facilities: To run tests on uranium samples in question, a handheld uranium hexafluoride detector would be highly beneficial.

Health Care: Cheaper treatments are a way of the future. Instead of having blood drawn and lab work conducted, we propose breathing into a tube, waiting a minute, and getting results. Simple, fast and effective treatment is our goal.

And now, back to the roadmap. Currently on page eighteen (single-spaced).

No comments:

Post a Comment